Many 8 and 9 year olds have had some experience playing soccer in the past and are continuing with it because the sport has piqued their interest, however many will be new to the sport. Our goal is to keep the positive momentum going by adding to their foundation of skills and fuel their desire to continue playing by conducting practices that are both challenging, fun and welcoming to children of ALL experience and ability levels.
This age group is for kids with birth years 2013 and 2014.
- Practices for all the children in this age group are Wednesdays, from 5:30 to 6:45 pm, at the town fields, near the school. We will begin practice on Wednesday, Aug 31, and run through Nov 5, weather permitting.
- Games will be on Saturday mornings at the town’s lower field against other Chester teams as well as in Derry & Hampstead.
- The full schedule is available here.
- Games are played in two 25-minute halves. The format is 7v7 (may play 5v5) with goalies.
- Opposing players clear to build out line for goal kicks. No offsides. All other rules apply. Scores are reported by coaches.
- Referees are responsible for reporting any send-offs (red cards).
Children should be properly equipped at every practice and game with shin guards, socks that cover the guard, sneakers or cleats, a size 4 soccer ball and a water bottle.
|Christie Lombardi||U 10 Coordinatoremail@example.com|