COVID -19 Responsibilities
Implementing a safe start to the 2020 fall soccer season will take a dedicated effort of all families, players, coaches and volunteers. The Chester Soccer Club is aware of the very serious responsibility it is to keep our community safe. With that in mind we have developed a season that is quite different from those offered in the past.
Key accommodation points:
- Season begins later than usual, on Sept 12, 2020
- Registration has been reduced to $40, with no late fees! 🙂
- Every athlete will receive a new shirt – no additional charge!
- Players will bring their own ball and water to each session; water bottles cannot be shared
- Players and families need to agree to COVID-19 guidelines for youth sports (detailed separately)
- Masks are recommended for those on the sideline (children are not required to be masked on the field)
- Spectators must respect distance guidance while on the premises
- Contact tracing form needs to be submitted before each session
- Practice times have been adjusted for increased space
- u6 – Saturday 8:30 at Wason Field
- u8 – Mondays 5:30 – 6:30 at town field
- u10-Wednesdays 5:30 – 6:30 at town field
- u12 – Tues & Thurs, 5:30 – 6:30 at town field
- u15 – Mons & Weds, 7:00 pm -8:30 pm
- u18- Tues & Thurs, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- The season will begin with Chester creating its own league
- Each age level will be divided into teams, as usual, but this fall we will only play games against other Chester teams.
- There will still be a game each Saturday; schedule TBA
- At the end of Sept, if the numbers are still trending in the right direction, we will call other towns and arrange inter town play for divisions U12, U15 & U18
- Depending on the number of Chester athletes that register, we may NOT be able to offer games to the 3 oldest divisions. (i.e. we need enough kids for at least 2 teams, or there’s no one to play).
Many are excited to get back on the field and resume their favorite recreational sport activites, but many are apprehensive. If you, as a parent, your family or your child is not comfortable returning to play with these guidelines, please sit this season out and we will see you next fall. We will demonstrate respect and courtesy for everyone’s feelings, and are dedicated to providing a safe environent for those interested in playing.